Happy Saturday ~ For today’s Silhouette Saturday feature, I’m showing the “end” result of my 2012 Goal Notebook from last Saturday. The feature was to highlight the KI Memories divider tabs sold in the Silhouette store. This weekend, I’m simply showing how I chose to finish out this mini binder so it’s ready to go for next year. As you can see, my intention is to use it for focusing on my *creative* goals for 2012.
As a BONUS for our blog readers, I’ve included a printable PDF of the inside pages I designed as a FREE DOWNLOAD for you! The calendar isn’t dated, so you can print it as many times as you like, and fill in the month / days to your liking. Note that these pages are sized to fit the small patterned Russell+Hazel binder I am using. Page size: 8.375″ tall x 6.375″ wide, with a 5/8″ margin on the left for hole punching. Print on letter size paper & trim out the page at the crop marks.
• Front cover: I painted a loose oval in pink acrylic paint. I sponged it on so the edges were soft instead of having a lot of brush strokes. This binder is also really glossy so I had to paint on several layers to get it to stick and cover up the pattern underneath (still shows a little but I like that). I spray painted a little gold paint onto the pink, then I painted on a layer of Mod Podge to seal the acrylic – which was still a little damp – so it did pull a little of the pink paint off & I liked that effect. With the Mod Podge still wet, I placed my Silhouette cut-out word “goals” onto the area. When the Mod Podge dried, it was stuck down. Finally, I added a Dymo title, some new KI Memories lace tape (from Hot Date Collection), a rhinestone, and I doodled the scallop border using a black Sharpie marker.
• The “goals” word is a new shape we will add to the Silhouette store next week, along with other handwritten items! I cut it from KI Memories white glitter cardstock. I turned the paper glitter side down on the cutting mat, used my red blade trimmer, reversed the word horizontally & double-cut. (I’m currently using the Silhouette SD but will be changing to the Cameo as soon as I have it set up in the studio.)
• On the inside cover, I added a textured envelope, punched the border & threaded bakers’ twine through. Also used some (ancient & discontinued) KI Memories acrylic Bubbles. Highlighted the letter K with the small pink bubble, then used a large clear one over it.
• I printed out the inner sheets for my book, trimmed and hole-punched. On the calendar sheet, there is a blank space for a photo, doodle, a quote or whatever you want to add, so have fun with it! I won’t add to this until the new year begins & will do something special there at the beginning of each month.
• The Goals page and Rewards page are open so you can fill them in however you like. Structured and neat, or creatively collaged. Be sure to set rewards for meeting your goals for the month!
• For the number labels, I printed these on solid colored cardstock instead of white paper, and I like the punch of color these added to the black & white paper insert pages.
So that’s it! I hope you have found this project inspiring. Feel free to post here if you make a project with the divider tabs, we would love to see what you do with them. And if you are new to the Silhouette machine, don’t be afraid to get started using it! Once you’ve got it down, you’ll start finding excuses to cut stuff with it!